Monday, November 30, 2009

let go

i lost a small piece of my heart today

i smiled through the tears

as it fell to the ground

shattering, broken

i smiled through my tears

as i picked up the pieces

i put them in a box for you

the pieces of my heart

the pain is more than i expected

the loss bigger than i knew

but the joy

the beauty i have seen

is enough to fill the empty space

all the tomorrows i dreamed about

the yesterdays i know

were only that

just dreams and wishes

not meant to come to light

had i known it would be

the last time i could hold you

touch your face

hear your voice

get lost in your eyes

i would have held on

for just a moment longer

listening to the sounds of your heart

perhaps it's better that i didn't

if i had held you just a little longer

maybe i wouldn't be able to let you go

set you free

and watch as you discover

all you're meant to become

i don't know why i was put into your life

but i am glad you came into mine

for a brief, shining moment

you saw me

the real me

and allowed me to become

a bright flame, burning, feeling

being

i wish you happiness and joy

wherever life takes you

No comments:

Post a Comment