Monday, November 30, 2009

hit the bottom, only one way to go from here...up

the air wrapped around me
like a child
a blanket, safe and warm
while the rain fell slowly to the ground
the leaves whispered a tale of love

your name is on the wind today
a soft caress on my skin
the memories drift on
and a tear falls gently to the ground
one solitary tear
all alone, floating down
I can relate
I've felt that way too


************************************


battered and bruised
my heart lies open
not knowing which way to go
the turmoils and struggles in this lifetime
are too much to overcome
I wish for a moment
a smile, a touch
to know that someone cares
but the cold and lonliness
echo the silence in my head
and there is nothing left


******************************************


way down deep
inside of me
there are things
you cannot see
things i don't
want you to know
kept locked inside
down below
underneath my smiling face
lies a cold
and empty place

No comments:

Post a Comment