Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hope and faith in the darkest hours...

And when we find ourselves lost on the path of darkness, searching for the end, open your eyes and look, find. The light you shed is weak and small, but to me, its a beacon of hope. To all of those who have helped me see...

***************************************

when you look into my eyes
tell me what it is you see
a lifetime of hurt, mistakes and pain
the memories that scream and echo soundlessly
all the heartache and disappointment I've caused
the anger and rage all bottled inside?
why is it that you just smile and stare
can't you see all the sorrow and tears
but you keep looking past all the walls
as the barriers crash and fade away

your eyes can search out and find
the glimmer of hope that still burns
one small flame-a flickering light
that longs to burn bright and free
you release that part of me
the one I'd lost so long ago
just when i feel it slipping away
stumbling blind, cold, alone
you smile and open the door again
to guide me safe through another day

***************************************

don't hang that halo
over top of my head
don't put me in
that robe of white

my wings are broken
i cannot fly
the gold has faded
and crumbled to dust

what is it in me
that you see so clear
what do you know
about this heart of mine

my eyes, the same
my smile, my speech
what is it in me
you see so differently

don't put me up on that
pedestal so high
broken and scarred
mistakes and regrets

why do you not see them
as clearly as me?

~for Brian, who gave me the gift of acceptance, there are no words~

***************************************

the morning sun danced across your eyes
lost within a dream
for one perfect moment
my heart stopped beating
the world stood still
ceased to exist
for that minute slice
split second of heaven
your face relaxed in a deep sleep
filled with the delight found only in dreams
a world I long to share with you
give to you my dreams
for the chance to see
a brief glimpse of those darkest recesses of your mind
beauty which lies within the unseen
spoken through the lips of desire
honesty and truth
all i have to offer you
hiding inside my heart and mind
whispers only heard behind the walls
how will i go on
with no barriers left
can i survive exposed
open to this?

1 comment:

  1. In every darkness...there is light...
    Sometimes it is difficult to find...but it is worth the search.

    ReplyDelete