Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The Wisdom of a Child

Through all the years I've been a mommy, it never fails to catch me off-guard. Some of my favorite quotes & questions of all time...

************************

K-age 7: "Mom, did God make the stars?" looking up at the sky one night...
Me: "Yes, He did"
K: "Huh...he did a pretty good job."

Well, I'll be sure to let him know you approve!

************************
Now this conversation took place one night, a few hours after an unexpected question she asked in the car. She had a vague idea about how the "birds and bees" worked, nothing explicit, but we went over general info, etc...


B-age 11:"So, um, did you and my dad have s**x?"
Me: "Well, YEAH, I have kids..."
B: absolutely horrified "You have to have S**X to have KIDS?!?!?"
Me: "um, yes, it's kinda part of the process" trying not to laugh

a few hours later...
B: "So, if I want like 3 or 4 kids, I can just have s**x just once and get it over with, right?"
Me: "No, that's not the way it works..."
B: Again, absolute horror "EWWwww, you mean I have to do it more than ONCE??"

at this point I was choking, holding back the laughter so it was continued another day...

************************

Playing outside one day, J&B managed to get her bike, flip it upside down on the seat and were spinning the front tire as fast as they could...

Me: "What are you doing?
J: " The tire's flat.."
Me: "Yeah, I see that, why are you spinning it?"
B: "Because, if we spin it really fast we can put the air back in it!"

************************

Me:..trying on a dress
K: "Ooh, that's pretty mom....your boobs look like mangoes!"
Me: "Mangoes?!?"
K: "Yeah, they're all round.."

=) Mangoes it is

************************

We were at dinner with friends and my girlfriend gave my oldest a small gift. She was explaining that it was from a co-worker and went into how Japanese culture often presents small gifts or tokens upon meeting with a client. She also explained that the higher esteem/importance you as a client hold, the bigger or more lavish, the gift might be. In response to this:

K: "Well, the next time you meet with them you should wear more funny clothes so they think that you're really poor..."

************************

No comments:

Post a Comment